Sunday, December 16, 2012

5K training - week 2/8

Well, training this week didn't go super well as it was plagued by illness:

12/10 Monday - still felt crappy from the weekend :(

12/11 Tuesday - Mad that I didn't lose weight at weight watchers so went to the gym after and ran a little before I had to go home - 1 mile total. (14:35 pace)

12/12 Wednesday - Ran 1.5 miles straight, totaling 3.1 miles! (13:50 pace) 

12/13 Thursday - 60 minutes on the elliptical (4.3 miles).

12/14 Friday - Start of the flu!!! :(

12/15 Saturday - Still had the flu! :(

12/16 Sunday - Ugh, the flu continues! :(

An accomplishment I did make was running on Wednesday for 1.5 miles straight! I have been struggling with getting more than 0.5 miles lately straight and I finally realized it was because I was trying to breathe way too deeply. Once I got a faster, more shallow breath things got easier. As I'm still sick writing this, I hope that next week goes better. I'm going to try for 1.75, or maybe even 2 miles...we'll see!

Until later, happy running!
Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment