Sunday, December 9, 2012

5K Training - week 1/8

This was my first week out of 8 training for my 5K on January 27th. Monday I was supposed to run 1 mile straight...FAIL. I went to bed late on Sunday and was really tired. I tried, but I could only get up to a third of a mile and then just couldn't catch my breath! I had the same problem last Monday also. Hopefully next Monday will be better since The Walking Dead is not on again until February so I don't have a reason to stay up late.

Monday - Ran/Walked - 1.52 miles in 22:20 (14:42 average mile) and Elliptical for 40 minutes.

Tuesday - OFF

Wednesday - Ran 1 mile and then walked - 2.12 miles in 30 minutes (14:09 average mile)

Thursday - The plan was to do the Elliptical for 60 minutes but I was tired so I took the day off!

Friday - OFF

Saturday - Supposed to run 1.5 miles but I went the trainer and was sore (plus I went out Friday night and drank a few beers and felt a little crappy).

Sunday - Felt under the weather so didn't go to the gym :(

So overall, not a great start! Hopefully this next week will be better!

Until later, happy running!
Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment