Friday, February 15, 2013

Weigh Day Friday - Week 7 of 52



Well, this week I found out that I had a hormonal imbalance from the blood tests I took for my annual physical. My doctor decided that she wanted me to take 500 mg of Metformin. I started taking it on Wednesday. Tuesday though I jumped up 2 pounds for some reason. Really, I don't care. I was awesome this week with eating and I'm not going to focus on the scale. I hope this hormone thing works itself out soon...I really think this might be a reason that the weight has been coming off so slowly.


Highest weight: 265
Goal weight: 150-160

Week #7 (2/8) - 240.8
Week #6 (2/8) - 238.8
Week #5 (2/1) - 238.6 
Week #4 (1/25) - 242.0
Week #3 (1/18) - 241.8
Week #2 (1/11) - 242.2
Week #1 (1/4) - 241

Gain this week = 2
Total loss = 24.2 pounds


I know I should be measuring and going by inches because I have definitely lost some but I'm lazy and I haven't yet. I signed up for a diet bet in January and it's almost over. Despite my best intentions (really, I have been amazing!) I am not going to win my $25 back because I didn't lose 9 pounds...actually I think I have only lostt one pound officially if you look at the numbers. Oh well. 

There is literally NOTHING that I personally could have done to change this outcome. I have a clean conscious. My body is going through some sort of adjustment but I'm not going to let it stop me from continuing to be healthy. If anything, I think it is going to make me healthier because although I eat fairly clean, it has inspired me to do some research and see if further changing my diet could help sort out my hormones.


Until later, happy living!
Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment