Sunday, February 24, 2013

Training Report - Week 8 of 52

This week was a pretty good week because I had a few milestones!

2/18 Monday - Exercise bike for 30 minutes - 8 miles 194 calories burned!

2/19 Tuesday - 4 mile run/walk on treadmill - 59:13 total (14:48 pace) 569 calories burned!
**Ran for 20 minutes straight!** <-- Longest straight time so far! WOOT! 

2/20 Wednesday - OFF

2/21 Thursday - OFF

2/22 Friday - 4 mile run/walk on treadmill - 57:57 total (14:29 pace) 554 calories burned!
**Ran for 2 miles (26 minutes) straight!** <-- Totally smashed Tuesday's record! WOOT! WOOT!

2/23 Saturday - 1 hour of Yoga - around 250 calories burned!

2/24 Sunday - 5 mile run/walk around the lakes - 1:07:12 total (13.26 pace) - 685 calories burned!
The weather was awesome and the run felt good. The last time that I ran that loop around the lakes (3 months ago) I was exhausted halfway through and did it in around a 16:30 pace. Now my legs got a little tired around mile 4 but I didn't feel so wiped out overall. I think this has to be one of the best runs I've had so far because there wasn't any race adrenaline involved and I actually kind of enjoyed it. I felt like a real runner! Plus look how consistent my splits were...crazy! Usually I slow down over time but I was able to be pretty consistent. My heart rate monitor definitely helps! I also tried to slow down a little and try to get closer to my treadmill running pace which was 4.5 this week...so with the walking that was about what I averaged.



So I'm 2 weeks into my 10K training and doing great so far. My goal is to run the 10K in the 13 minute range and I'm already at 13:26 for 5 miles. It would be amazing to get under 13 minutes. I'm super excited...going to keep working hard!


Calories burned this week with exercise - around 2252! WOW! That is the most I've burned in a week since I started keeping track.

Until later, happy working out!
Jamie

6 comments: