Monday, February 11, 2013

Training Report - Week 6 of 52 and Crazy Krew 7K


I didn't go to roller derby again and I think I am calling it quits on that. I had another groupon for 4 more weeks but it is from 8-9 and takes me 45 minutes to get there. I just don't like having to work out that late and drive...so I'll be back to the gym on Mondays. Next week I am shooting for 5 days of activity!


2/4 Monday - OFF

2/5 Tuesday - 30 minutes on the elliptical - 233 calories burned!

2/6 Wednesday - 30 minutes on the treadmill - 2.13 miles (14:05) - 299 calories burned!

2/7 Thursday - OFF

2/8 Friday - OFF

2/9 Saturday - Crazy Krew 7K - 4.16 miles in 55:02 (13:13) - 634 calories burned!
My friend Ashley did the race with me and the weather was pretty nice...not too cold or not too hot. But it was windy! The race was over part of a freeway bypass so we had a big hill. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be and I was pretty happy with that pace given that it is a mile longer than I usually run and it was windy. Ashley runs around a 10 min/mile so she was done way before I was but she stuck around to cheer me on at the finish line...that was awesome! I set a goal to finish the race in less than an hour so I was super excited to get in around 55 minutes!






2/10 Sunday - OFF

Calories burned this week with exercise - around 1166

It was kind of fun doing 3 races in 3 weekends but now I'm working on training for my 1st 10K since November. It's on March 30th in New Orleans. And I'm super excited that my mom is going to be there too!

Until later, happy
Jamie

1 comment: