Sunday, January 20, 2013

5K Training - Week 7/8

Happy 3rd week of 2013!

My new gadget this week is a Polar FT60 heart rate monitor! My mom bought it for me for my upcoming birthday. I didn't really need anything, but I really wanted this! And it is perfect timing too since I am going back to counting calories, so now I can see how many calories I am burning for my workouts too.




1/14 Monday - 1 hour of Roller Derby bootcamp

1/15 Tuesday - OFF

1/16 Wednesday - Treadmill 2 miles - 26:24 (13:12 pace)

1/17 Thursday - 1 hour of Zumba

1/18 Friday - Treadmill 2.25 miles - 30 mins (13:20 pace) - ran 1 mile straight at 5.0 mph.

1/19 Saturday - Weight training session with Anna (384 cal). 8 mile bike ride - 45 mins (339 cal), 723 calories burned!

1/20 Sunday - OFF

This week I definitely rocked the cross training! I did skating, running, and biking! I can't wait to see how many calories roller derby and zumba burned! I can definitely feel myself getting stronger. 1 more week until my 5K race! 

Until later, happy running!
Jamie

3 comments:

  1. Cool watch! And you are going to rock that 5k!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh that looks awesome!! I want one too!! :) Good for you on your cross training. Can't wait to hear about your 5K. My sister just sent me a text this morning asking if I wanted to do the Color Run with her in March, but that's so close, I just don't know if I want to commit to that so soon.....Way to keep up the burn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your going to do great at that 5k! A mile straight in 12 minutes is awesome!

    ReplyDelete