Sunday, August 12, 2012

Trying to stay motivated

Friday was tough for me. There is a fine line between pushing through pain and discomfort and stopping when you know there is a problem. After running/walking for 15 minutes, I knew my problem was going to get worse if I didn't stop. So I did.

So I've taken two days off and I can already feel the difference. I kind of feel like crap...I'm tired and sluggish and all I want to do is nothing but wallow in my "I'm injured and now this is going to screw up my plans" misery. Plus I haven't been eating as healthy and I am not tracking my food.

It's a scary thing because in the past it has been so easy to call it quits. Giving up is probably one of the easiest things you can ever do...and I would know because I've been a quitter in my weight loss and fitness goals many times! But this time is different. I know that quitting my journey will deprive me of the health and happiness that I know I deserve.


Source: google.com via Dina on Pinterest



When I came back from Italy and started my new lifestyle, I was so determined and really have been doing awesome ever since. So my problem is now that I am worried that this injury will derail my determination. I know from personal experience that it is possible. When I was a runner before in college I acquired a pretty painful knee injury from weak knee muscles that I never seemed to overcome and kind of ruined running for me...that was over 10 years ago!

But I know I can't let my injury do that now...this injury will heal and I will get stronger. I just have to keep doing what I have been...as much as I can...and make sure I keep focus on the goal ahead and find support from others when my focus becomes a little blurry.




Until later, happy running!
Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment