Monday, August 20, 2012

Getting back into my routines

I don't think that I have mentioned it before but I am a high school teacher and my summer officially came to an end today when I had to go back to school. I am sad summer (and all that free time) is over but I am kind of excited about the new school year and getting back to a normal routine. I also feel like this time of the year is good to think about and set some goals of what I want to accomplish for the rest of 2012, as well as the rest of the upcoming year.




As far as exercise goes, I have done very little since my preliminary diagnosis of a medial meniscus tear last Monday. I tend to be an all or nothing person so because I can't do what I want (run), I choose to do nothing. Stupid, right? That is something about myself that I really want to work on. But the good news is that I have been eating much better this last week and counting my calories.

I planned to work out today but my best friend had car trouble and I ended up staying late at school with her...plus I was tired because I was anxious today and couldn't sleep! But I'll back on the plan for the gym and tomorrow is a new day! So I may not be where I thought I would have been by now but I am getting back on track! I'm so lucky I have friends to go to the gym with in the afternoons and push me to be better!





Source: google.com via Megan on Pinterest


I have a 10K coming up that I still need to train for, even though I plan to walk. I go back to the orthopedist next week so hopefully my knee will be better soon. But I know I need to do something in the mean time...training is training...it really shouldn't matter that I can't run, as long as I am active.

Until later, happy running!
Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment