Sunday, October 14, 2012

Toughest 10K Kemah

I just totally realized that I forgot to blog about my race on 9/25...

My first competitive 5K went really well back in August, but I was a little nervous about doubling the distance to the 10K. Thankfully it was about 10 degrees cooler and it was a really beautiful day.

The 10K went through the city of Kemah and included 4 passes over the Kemah bridge (5% grade). It was ROUGH! I had been training some by walking/running over the bridge in the 2 weeks leading up to the race. On my second pass over the bridge, this really fit woman (who was on her 4th pass) ran past me and cheered me on. I thought that was awesome! Because of my knee, I really didn't want to push my luck running so I ran some and walked most of it. I ended up finishing in 1:38:32 (15:54 average pace) and NOT the last in my age group...2 people were behind me! :) That isn't bad considering the field was pretty fit!

I had someone take a picture of me with my awesome medal.




By the way, I HATE having full length pictures take of me but I figured I'd do it for the blog since I don't plan to be this heavy every again!


Until later, happy running!
Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment