Thursday, September 6, 2012

Back in Business

Thanks to that steroid shot last Monday, I'm back!

I has felt so good to getting back to working out. It is amazing how much more energy I have! I definitely lost a little cardio endurance by losing those three weeks, but I am slowly building it back up.

I have a 10K in a week and a half that I am still training for, but I am not so worried about running it. I decided that I really need to work on my endurance, especially since it is over a 3.5 percent grade bridge! So I have been working with the incline on the treadmill.

And today I ran for 1/2 mile straight! Yes! I can't tell you how long it has been since I could run that far! I also tried out doing 1 minute at 6.0 mph. Uh, that was really fast! How the heck do people run that fast normally? Crazy! I actually almost didn't work out today. I got to the gym with the girls and realized that I forgot my shoes! Nooooo! But I decided to make a quick trip to the running store nearby to get some new running shoes that I was desperately in need of anyway. So 45 minutes later, my new mizunos and I made it back to the gym. Aren't they cute?


Anyway, I feel great this week and I'm super happy that the scale FINALLY started to go down! I've lost 11 pounds since May and can't wait until I can squeeze in the next smallest size...it's on the horizon! I'm aiming for an hour of working out everyday - combining running and elliptical, and maybe swimming and biking too.



Until later, happy running!
Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment