Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A MILEstone!

Since I started back running in July, I have been trying to work my mileage up and get to a mile straight. In the beginning of October I was almost there (at 0.75 miles) but being sick set me back a bit and I haven't made much progress. I was so excited to get to a mile on Friday but when I tried to run Monday I just couldn't catch my breath at half a mile!

Ugh!

Because I only ran that 0.75 miles once and didn't match again, I was a little nervous that I wasn't really up to a mile. Today my friends couldn't make it to the gym and I was REALLY tired and wanted to take a nap, but I forced myself to go to the gym. I got on the treadmill and just started running, hoping to match the mile. I changed the setting so I couldn't see how far I was running (well, I was kinda keeping track of it by the time) and when I thought I had just passed a mile, I checked and after a couple of more minutes I had gone 1.25! YAY!

I'm super excited! I feel really accomplished!




So I finished out 20 minutes on the treadmill and then 10 minutes on the elliptical. I have been trying to work out for a hour at a time because I know that will help me a lot with trying to lose weight. But since I am planning a hard workout today, I let myself have a light 30 minute day.

Saturday I have a 5K and I'm looking forward to it because a bunch of people at work are doing it too. A lot of times I have been doing races by myself which isn't so fun. Plus, running races makes me go faster than when I'm training. I want to beat my July 5K time of 45:44 and I think I can!

Until later, happy running!
Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment